Pavino Sgroppino Veneto
Wij hanteren het label Open Access voor onderzoek met een Creative Commons licentie. Door een CC-licentie toe te kennen, geeft de auteur toestemming aan anderen om zijn of haar werk te verspreiden, te delen of te bewerken. Voor meer informatie over wat de verschillende CC-licenties inhouden, klik op het CC-icoon. Alle rechten voorbehouden wordt gebruikt voor publicaties waar enkel de auteurswet op van toepassing is.
Pavino Sgroppino Veneto
This report is written for Pavino sgroppino, a supplier of the upmarket cocktail sgroppino. The drink consists of lemon sorbet, prosecco and vodka, which is prepared with great craftsmanship in the kitchens of Pavan. Pavino is a supplier for hospitality occasions and a few wholesalers. The goal of this report is to obtain a reply to the problem statement being; “What should Pavino sgroppino optimize in the area of product, price, location and promotion that will increase the profit directly as well as indirectly?”
To be able to answer the problem statement, desk research along with field research was conducted on behalf of qualitative interviews. Several interviews were conducted among business-to-business buyers to find out the wishes and needs in terms of product, location, promotion and price.
The internal analysis showed that Pavino stands for passion and faith in the concept on the basis of the ingredients that come from Veneto, Italy. The corresponding marketing mix is told as followed:
• Pavinos core product is only the combination of lemon sorbet, prosecco and vodka. Any other combinations failed.
• The price Pavino uses for buyers is 36 euros on the basis of a BiB of three litres.
• On the area of promotion, Pavino has warm as well as cold acquisitions, hospitality events and Pavans network.
• Sgroppino is delivered by Pavan.
• Pavino is not using any product market combination.
• They earn the most money from events.
From the external analysis the following points arose:
• Customers like to see additional promotional support tools, social media support for brand awareness and additional information of the product to sell more of it.
• Direct competitors of Sgroppino are not very active anymore however Monte has a relatively large market share in the region of Amsterdam.
• Two major competitors are an established name.
• B2B marketing is becoming much more relevant in B2B market.
• Influence on social media is increasing.
After a SWOT analysis the following recommendations were made to support the problem statement.
Product market combination
Pavino is not using any differentiation for prices and point of sale materials for the different target groups. The suggestion is to make different product market combinations with each point of sale materials and different prices. Example is the volume of bags. A small restaurant wants probably 3 liter bags and the big events want 6 liter.
an organizations website is a showcase where interested customers will venture. Momentary the website is very limited, resulting in most customers leave within 23 seconds.
Social media calendar
Pavino momentary reaches approximately 2600 likes. However they are very inactive with sharing its content; the content being shared is not worthy of sharing. By improving the content, brand awareness will increase on the Facebook page. In order to expand the online presence of Pavino they should integrate their Instagram account with Facebook.
Product visual improvements
A surprising result from the surveys is that some consumers use their own glasses instead of using Pavinos glasses because they, according to them, lack creativity and originality. In order to give the product a premium look it was advised to add two additional attributes. Suggestions were to use sunglasses and napkins. This will lead to an increase in brand awareness and a possible image improvement.